2008/10/11

Autumn is here.

The seasonal change is definitely happening - mornings and evenings are cooler, night comes earlier, and leaves of trees are starting to change colors.

We hear no more cicadas - yard and bush noises are now replaced by those of crickets.

In Nanto on Tuesday morning, I jogged by an apple orchard. It looked like the fruits were very good this year.


Also during the same jog, I saw changing color of maple leaves from light green to orange and red. The rice fields were all harvested and empty.

This is a "fragrant orange-colored olive" tree (金木犀). It is very distinct of this season in Japan and tells us that autumn is here. I love the faint sweet scent. I first noticed in Toyama on Tuesday.


Here I got a close up picture of the tiny orange flowers in our neighborhood today. They are very cute.

Also very common at this time of the year are persimmon. These orange fruits are from a tree close from my home. They are also very tasty!

1 comment:

nosadawak said...

I want to eat the apple.