2009/06/14

Koganei Park

I hurt my leg muscles and knees a bit after playing in a soccer game last weekend. For that, I had to stay away from running for a while.

Yesterday, my knees finally felt comfortable enough to go for a significant distance.

I ran to
Koganei Park.

It is approx. 7 km from my home and all I have to do is to run along
Tamagawa Josui to get there. Therefore, I can run without worry about the traffic most of the time.

It is a nice open space – I think it is one of the largest park that is closest from the center of Tokyo.


The park also has
Edo-Tokyo Architectural Museum where they collected old buildings.



Here’s a building that was the model for the inn an anime movie
Spirited Away.



Here's the inn in the movie.

Here’s a picture of a nice hydrangea bush in the park.

No comments: