2009/07/29

Hong Kong Trail Run

I had one day in Hong Kong and could go for a nice run in the morning this Sunday.
The weather was hot and humid, but it was fun to run up the hills.

I found a nice trail named Bowen Road.




A manner sign on Bowen Road - that's important.

One of the boundary stones of the then city of Victoria on Bowen Road

The skylines of Hong Kong seen from the lookout on Stubbs Road.

Wan Chai Gap Road is a very steep trail I ran down to the city from the entrance of the Police Museum (which I did not visit).

2 comments:

dbp said...

What an interesting place to do a run! You can see another runner some switch-backs below in one shot. The camera has a hard time showing how steep it really is.

Also, I wonder what that bundle of 4 cables down by the ground is in the final picture? Power, water, phone/data? Or maybe just a decorative shape.

datadawak said...

dbp,

Thank you for your message. It was indeed an interesting run. Although it was fairly early in the morning, the weather was hot and humid (over 30 deg. C and over 90% humidity!).

You're right about the last picture. It really was very, very steep, and some places, I had to be careful not to slip.

When I got to the city level, a hard rain came and I got completely soaked. It was refreshing, though.

I'll write more soon about my next run.

datadawak