2014/04/15

Beautiful Days in Nara (Sightseeing)

I spent 2.5 days in Nara Prefecture last week. Aside from meetings, my group were taken around to sights of importance of the area.

Kasuga Taisha Shrine - one of the most significant of all shrines of the ancient City of Nara.

Toro lanterns that were offered by the believers.

This holy cedar tree is over 1,000 years old.


It is famous for the great Buddha.

There are many deer in this picturesque city.


A pond by the hotel I stayed.

The entrance to the hotel.

A caution in the room - luckily, I did not get any come into my room.

On Saturday, we visited Asuka Village - that has even older sites compared to Nara City.


Kame Ishi - Turtle Rock.

Mazuna - a protective rope of the village.

Asukadera Temple has Japan's oldest Buddha Statue.

A figure of Shotoku Taishi enshrined at the temple.

Nara is just fabulous!

No comments: