2022/08/17

Tateshina Highland Runs

I have been staying in Tateshina Highland since last week.  It has been very nice to escape the crazy summer heat of Tokyo.  And I could put in 3 nice runs around our place.

Last Friday, I could go up to the private trail.

The top plateaux of the trail - 1,860 meters (approx. 6,100 feet) altitude.



Some parts of the trail is very rocky.

Sunday morning, I stayed in our villa area.

Trees grow around the volcanic rocks.

A view from a road looking up to higher level houses.

Sand to be used in case the road gets slippery in winters.

Potholes were fixed recently.

And this morning, I went down and up again.  It was pretty tough coming up.


Water was seeping out of the road crack.

Coming down to the entrance of Pilatus Village.

A little creek.

Another view of Mt. Tateshina seen from the villa entrance.

Each run's altitude difference was close to 200 meters.  The altitude average is probably around 1,700 meters.

No comments: